Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Knocked Up

No, not the movie. Me. I'm pregnant. It took exactly three months to conceive. (Remember this post about discontinuing birth control? And this post about a momentary bout of buyer's remorse?)

My mother-in-law, who I love and appreciate to pieces despite her candidness, told me during her last visit that my lighter hair color made me look old. And then she told me that if I have another child, I will look even older (this is before I, or she, knew I was pregnant). 

Well, this old lady--newfound tiny wrinkles and all--is officially growing another tiny monster. Can you believe it?! Me neither.

10 comments:

Tamara said...

Congrats!! How exciting...I mean bringing another little monster into the world!! I'm very happy for you and the whole family!

Jennifer Ochoa said...

Congrats Laura! Very happy for your little family! Another new adventure.

Miss A said...

Mazel Tov!

Alice B. said...

Congratulations! And enjoy your time now. I hear two is double the trouble...and the fun!

Cathy said...

Wow! Congrats to you and can't wait to read all about the journey on your blog!

Susanna said...

I wonder if it's a boy or girl? Do you have a preference? And hope you're not feeling too tired or nauseous. Hooray!

Zoe said...

Oh happy day!

Nancy said...

OMG!!! So happy for you guys!!! And he/she will be a dragon baby! I think I'm tearing up! :*)

Laurel said...

Congratulations to you guys! Sabine sounds like the type who will love having a little brother or sister :)

Anonymous said...

It's exponential at first. But as they get older, it's a huge blessing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...