Friday, September 2, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Two years ago today, Labor Day weekend took on new meaning when I began a 36-hour labor session that resulted in Sabine being evicted from her beloved womb. She fought hard to stay inside and was extremely pissed off for months that we'd kicked her out. Now, she really likes it out here. And we've decided, too, that we're happier in a world with her in it.

On my way to the hospital...



Tadaa!
(You cannot believe I posted this photo. I know, neither can I--just be thankful that I didn't make it even larger. I hope your breakfast, lunch or dinner has long been been consumed. But come on...a person came out of my body...it's amazing not disgusting.)

6 comments:

Alison said...

Whoa. She does not look happy and you look uncomfortable!

Susanna said...

You looked great when you were pregnant!

Karen M. said...

Hilarious commentary. It's beautiful and cool not disgusting. I think people who disagree just need to grow up a little.

Laura Mauk said...

I think the second picture is so beautiful and think it's great that you had the guts to post it.

Laura Mauk said...

Readers--the above comment was actually made by Kadin (husband)...just so you know that I haven't lost my mind

Miss A said...

Hum, I love the pregnant picture. You looked amazing pregnant! The second one is... too gore for my taste but I respect it nonetheless.
Can't wait to see the picture of the pretty birthday girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...