Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's All In The Name

We have a gazillion ideas for girl names (why is thinking about names practically the best part of pregnancy, or even non-pregnancy?).

First and middle names we like (if it's a girl, we'd like to name her after Kadin's mom, whose name is "Alice"rine, and who also has the long-standing nickname "Lady"):

Indra Ivy
Loucette Lady
Camila Luce
Zadie Alice
Lucette Alice
Zola Lady

Just first names we like (but don't have a middle name for yet):

Willa
Paloma
Paola
Estee
Esme
Odelia
Odette
Isola
Luz

The one boy name we both like:
Luce Thomas Moses


Whaddya think? Honestly. You won't hurt my feelings.


Image via Observando
Image by Deborah Donenfeld via Momfilter

Image via Observando

Image by Yolanda Edwards via Momfilter

9 comments:

Alice B. said...

Such different names! I like Zadie and Odelia.

Susanna said...

I have to say that at first Lady as a middle name sounded crazy, but now I like it, specially since it has sentimental meaning. I also like Zadie, Indra and Willa.

Zoe said...

Such a fun post. I like Paola and Esme.

Anonymous said...

I like more traditional, simple names, but I'm sure your little one will wear whatever you choose well.

Miss A said...

I love Zadie but Paloma has my vote. All the Paloma I know are exceptionnal women!
Love that you're pregnant! Can't wait to read all about it!!!

Nancy said...

I love Camila Luce! The name Lady is so awesome! For the first names I am loving Paola, Paloma, Isola and Luz. <3!!!

Laura Mauk said...

@Nancy One of my friends, who also likes Luz, pointed out what a horrible combo "Luz Lady" would be...horrible/funny, right? Glad you like Lady :)

Laura Mauk said...

@MissA, I've always loved Paloma (makes me think of Picasso...thank you so much for being so excited--so sweet...

Cathy said...

I like the Isola and Luz.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...