Monday, August 22, 2011

Golden Girls

There's something about seeing the person who has been your closest friend since seventh grade hold your baby girl in her arms, while she herself is six months pregnant. You realize that she's been there for all of it, the whole time--and that life moves at the speed of lightening. One minute, you are crushing on boys, sneaking off to smoke cigarettes, backpacking through Europe. The next minute, you're all grown up--and a little beaten up from all of the life and the loss. Now you're responsible for these tiny human beings; these breathtakingly fragile little people who came from your very bodies...who will crawl and then walk through this big, bad and beautiful world--hopefully with a best friend who is as extraordinary as mine.


1 comment:

jenny said...

I am at a loss for words. I love you - and everything that comes from and with you. I am so lucky. So, so lucky. When I look back on the life behind me, you are there; When I look forward, you are there. And when I look inside, outside and upside down...you are there. Thank you, bf.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...