I took a picture of my own arm, which prefers more of a small get together than a huge, crowded and impersonal party.
Each aspect of my arm soiree has sentimental value because that's just the way I happen to like it:
- The jade-and-gold bangle was my late grandmother's on my father's side.
- I purchased the turquoise beaded bracelet on an unforgettable Hawaii trip, when I wrote a travel story on Hana Maui.
- The gold Gucci watch was my mom's--a gift from my father.
- The beige and turquoise beads tied with black rope was a necklace that my mother made for my father while they were dating.
- The jade ring was also my late grandmother's.
- The gold band, from Niessing, is my wedding band (Kadin has the same design).
Kadin loves the arm party much less. I always forget to take it off at night, when it jingles, jangles and causes him to toss and turn and inevitably wake.
Here are a few other super fun arm parties:
|Image via Desire Designer via Atlantic-Pacific|
|Image via The Man Repeller|
|Image via HonestlyWTF|