Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Girl Named Alice

You guys, if you're beating yourself up about needing to lose a few pounds...or extra lines on your face...or silver strands popping up on your scalp...or even, for saying the wrong thing (which I do ALL the time)...you have to read Alice's blog. Here's her profile:

"Hi, I'm 15 years old and live with my parents and sister in Ulverston. I've been fighting cancer for almost 4 years and now I know that the cancer is gaining on me and it doesn't look like I'm going to win this one :( I'm hoping to write in here as much as I can and I'm also going to show my bucket list which I'm trying to get done before I have to go. Hopefully, I'll update as I tick each one off the list :)"

Every day, I read a long list of blogs. So may of them revolve around new clothes, beauty, more stuff to decorate your house with. When I found Alice's blog, it completely rocked my world. She's fifteen years-old, dying of cancer and has made a list of things she wants to do before she dies. Her posts detail her experiences and getting to do these things. A few days ago, she wrote about wanting to swim with sharks and adding it to her list. Her post yesterday detailed her flying in a helicopter to Scotland and swimming with sharks!

I promise you that reading her posts will make you laugh and cry. It will make your heart grow two sizes bigger. It will make you want to rip a hole in your pocket and let go of all the petty stuff that eats you up every day for no good reason. And then it will make you want to hug your baby and your husband and every other family member you have because you never know how long you will have them--or they will have you.

Alice Pyne, you are my real-life superhero.

Image via Observando

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Wow, how sad. I'm following her now. I can't even imagine what her parents are going through :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...