Monday, February 20, 2012

A Toddler and Her Tiara

So as I've written before, I'm not super into promoting the whole princess concept to Sabine. I don't want her waiting around for some guy to rescue her some day or feeling like she has to have big boobs, a tiny waist and sport fluffy dresses and high heels to feel good about herself.

But at this point, she likes the sparkle and the fluff that the princess gear offers. She has no idea about prettiness or having the right body or being rescued by anyone other than mama or dada. So I'm letting her get her princess on--as long as she doesn't really understand it and continues to love bugs, dragons, Iron Man, monsters and soccer as much as she likes the pink stuff.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read Peggy Orenstein's book - Cinderella Ate My Daughter?

Laura Mauk said...

@Anon, No, I haven't but the title alone makes me want to check it out...thx for the tip!

Nancy said...

Sabine is gorgeous!

Laura Mauk said...

@Nancy, thank you...so sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...