Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Feeling Lucky

I was sicker than I have been in a long, long time this past weekend. Swollen throat, almost no voice, croup-like cough, the inability to move. It was the first time since Sabine was born that I was so sick I felt like I couldn't get off the couch.

Kadin was amazing. He had a tea party with Sabine, took her for rides on her scooter, fed her and changed her--all so I could actually be the wilted vegetable that I felt like.

I know he's her dad and we'd all like to think that this is what dads do, but a lot of times, this what moms mostly do. So over the past few days, I've felt incredibly grateful for my relationship and for Kadin's relationship with Sabine.

On top of everything else, sweet husband also made lots of tea for me and showered me with plenty of back massages.

I guess sometimes you need to feel a little terrible before you feel wonderfully fortunate.

via Observando

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...